One law student's quest to beat the exam without bar review.

Friday, February 10, 2006

I am so tired

Just finishing up my 6-midnight shift at work. I'm not going to be in bed till at least 1, and then I have class at 9. Maybe I'll forego the shower and just braid my hair. It'll look greasy, but I'm not sure that I really care.

But enough of my personal hygiene concerns. I finished the assignment for the Writing for the Bar class, with the help of the Conviser Mini-Review. Evidently we DID study some of these things in Torts...For example, I distinctly remember discussing public necessity and private necessity in terms of trespass to land and chattels. I also recall several cases involving city employees breaking things out of public necessity and a spirited argument over whether the city should have had to pay damages despite their having a valid reason to commit trespass. I guess this is just one of the things I did not put on my outline because it seemed so obvious. Obviously trespass to land requires (1) trespass (2) to land. And intent and causation, but those are givens for intentional torts, really. That goes to show how much I know. Sadly, I've been discovering that what seems really obvious after a semester of classes on a topic seems much less obvious 2 years later.

I'm not sure whether I'll remember enough of this tomorrow to make the essay-writing worthwhile, what with the exhaustion and the brain death. But we'll see. Frankly I'm sort of hoping the snow that's being predicted for noon will unexpectedly strike around 7 am and they'll have to close the school. Then I could sleep in. But it seems rather unlikely.

At least I know that if I remember nothing else, I'll have the fact that Maryland uses contributory negligence, not comparative negligence. (Isn't it weird how your brain picks up these odd points and just clings to them?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home