One law student's quest to beat the exam without bar review.

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Covenants? Title? Bzuh?

I've take to skimping a bit on my evening studying this past week, and while I feel guilty and have resolved to do better, I frankly blame real property. I don't recall learning half of this stuff; whether that's because it was poorly taught or because I stopped paying attention at some point during the semester I could not tell you. But in any case, it's 110 pages worth of outline in this book that I'm plowing through, which should give you some idea of why I feel so daunted. Just the scope of what I need to know, the range of different topics included under the "real property" headed, and the incomprehensible weirdness of so much of it make it hell to try to retain.

After a certain amount of study it stops making any sense at all; I've found that I need breaks that are rather longer than I've taken with torts or property, just to be able to get through it. I had myself scheduled to focus on property through Tuesday (originally it was Sunday, but I had some breathing room so I bumped it back to give contracts and property an extra day apiece), but I may give it till Wednesday, depending on how things go. Today was supposed to be a review day, but all I did this week was property anyway and I'm trying to finish going through this outline bit by bit- studying the outline and making my own notes/outline helps me fix the material in my mind. Then I review my own (much-shortened) outline.

I need to pick up the pace on the MBE and essay practice too...it's easy to slack on the essay practice and I absolutely cannot do that. For the rest of my property review, I plan to focus heavily on practice and see what I am actually retaining and what I'm not.

It's just devlish hard not to panic over property, is all. I'll feel infinitely better once I move on to crim, which is something I am at least interested in and feel that I understand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home